The first annual Christmas Eve Eve party in Charlotte!
Dinner at Intermezzo, at the corner of 10th & Louise just east of Uptown, 7:00 this evening. Please let me know if you’re coming so we can set up enough space. Drinks at Petra’s in Plaza Midwood to follow, presumably in the 8:30 or 9:00 time frame. Ryan will be behind the piano tonight, so come out and enjoy!
Some answers to frequently asked questions:
- No, this is not a Christ-mas event, meaning it’s a secular affair rather than a religious one. If you’re a Christian and are feeling Christlike, good for you, but there will be plenty of non-Christians present tonight (including the host)
- The exchanging of gifts is not required. I, for one, won’t be giving anyone the gift of anything except my good will and charm. Which is to say, a pretty crappy gift! That said, if you DO have something you want to bring to share with the special people in your life, feel free (as long as it won’t require antibiotics)
- Dress is casual. Remember that Petra’s, for all of its merits, will leave your clothes smelling of smoke.
- You’re welcome to attend dinner, the bar, or both. Attending neither is, however, not an option.
- Bringing friends is very encouraged, especially if they’re “new people” to the group. I’m all ’bout bringing people together, in case you didn’t notice.
I’d be remiss if I didn’t take this opportunity to send a shout-out down to Florida. Rebecca, your tradition has brought joy to hundreds of people over the years… I’m sad that I won’t be there, but I’m happy that I can shamelessly steal your event and put a Charlotte spin on it. I’m sorry I won’t see you, but I’m glad we got to hang out in San Francisco a few months back. Erin, sweetheart, I miss ya but I’ll see you in NYC in a few days. Austin… well damn, I guess I’m gonna have to come to Chicago now aren’t I?
Happy Christmas Eve Eve, everyone!