731 days

731 days ago, I flew up to New York City for a weekend getaway with some friends from Florida and New Mexico. I had planned to wander around, hang out with friends, drink excessively, and absentmindedly scope out some neighborhoods to potentially move to.

I did all of those things, don’t you worry… But it was on that trip that I also met Salvador Garcia, Jr.

Today is the two-year anniversary of the day Sal and I met, and what a two years it’s been… Like any couple, we’ve had our fair share of petty arguments and silly disputes, but we’ve also shared some of the most amazing experiences together. We’ve enjoyed trips together around the country to Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Miami Beach, San Francisco, Sacramento, Austin, New Orleans, Atlanta, and a dozen trips back and forth from New York City and Cocoa Beach. We’ve had wonderful times at his home, at my home, and at our home together.

It’s a tired cliché, but we’ve laughed together and cried together.

I was stubborn and insisted on waiting until Sal moved here last October to say we were “a couple” but the fact remains, I’ve loved this man for a long time. I’m delighted, proud, and a touch relieved to be able to call him my partner.

Thanks for a wonderful 731 days, Sal Garcia.

IMG_3019

IMG_4357

IMG_4838

IMG_5067

IMG_6898

IMG_7057

P1050669_2

P1060539

PS: I went back and dug up the MySpace blog narratives that immediately followed my weekend up there in 2007. If you’re curious, you can check them out here:

Advertisements

14 Responses to 731 days

1. erin says:

AWWWWW!!!! I love you both!!! Congrats my boys! I told you that you were perfect for each other. Now… when am I having your babies???

2. eric cassell says:

Love the picks and I am very happy that you two guys are happy. However, I am curious about a certain word choice. Why choice “partner” over lover? A relationship of this sort is not a business or contractual agreement 🙂

3. Melanie says:

Congrats and Happy Anniversary! You are both such wonderful guys and I dearly love you both! You are both very fortunate to have each other!

4. Michael F says:

That’s awesome Kevin! I’m very happy for you two.

5. Adam says:

Blah blah blah… This was a really sweet and honestly felt blog. I love you, guys! Blah, blah, blah…

6. Suzi says:

Way to make me all weepy! And I was doing so well… That is the sweetest thing I have seen in a long, long time. I wish you another wonderful 731 days, and many, many more!

7. Jennifer says:

Tee hee – I just realized that the first time you woke up with him….was the first time I woke up with him too! That sounds SO much dirtier than it really is. 🙂

8. Leslie says:

you guys are just too cute

9. Mark says:

Congrats Kevin and Sal. Here’s to many many many more years together.

10. Aaron says:

Ok, I heard that story last week at lunch but you said that it was Seattle. LOL! Just kidding. Congratulations!

11. Penny says:

Congrats Kevin….and thanks for all the photos. Since I haven’t gotten to meet Sal yet, it helped fill in the gap. You two make a really cute couple!

12. Deidre says:

*tear* you two are so stinkin’ cute!!!!!!!!!!

We have GOT to get together SOON!!! MISS YOU!

13. Will says:

Awww! Im so happy for you guys! I love the Photos…

14. […] Cancún The day after tomorrow, Sal and I will be fleeing the country. A bit overly dramatic, perhaps, but Labor Day weekend is a special time for us. We met over Labor Day weekend two years ago, when several friends of mine joined me up in New York City for a weekend getaway (during which I was checking out neighborhoods, intent on moving there) For a quick recap of the recent mushiness surrounding this anniversary, click here. […]