There’s a terrific blog entitled Merissa Explains it All that I follow, and a posting from last week is a gem. The author shares some of her observations (frustrations?) about a recent flight she took, and about the other passengers at the airport and on the flight.
I laughed out loud a few times, and got good ‘n riled up myself over a few of them.
I encourage you to read the full entry by clicking here, but in the mean time, here are a couple that I enjoyed:
- Don’t think you are an exception to any of the rules the airports work so hard to enforce. I know you probably aren’t planning on using your full size bottle of conditioner to blow up the plane, but if I have to fit all my liquid toiletries in a quart-sized Ziploc baggie then so do you. Don’t hold up the line because you think you’re special.
- Pee before you get on the plane. Seriously.
- If your carry-on bag looks like I could fit in it, and you need three people to hoist it into the overhead bin, you probably should have checked it. If that shit falls on my head before, during or after the flight, I’m going to end up with a LOT of your money.
- If your kid is looking at me, kicking my seat, running around the cabin or making loud noises, that makes YOU the PARENT a total asshole. Howabout you practice some parenting skills and control to make the flight better for the irritated people who are now glaring at you. Strap your unruly spawn down in a seat and give it a coloring book asap.
- It’s all fine and good to have a drink on the plane, but if it gets to a point where you can’t control the volume of your voice and are hitting on the flight attendant, then you have probably had a wee bit too much, and should cut it out immediately. Also, get some gum.
You know, I’d be worried that she was referring to me in that last bullet, but we haven’t traveled together… Yet. I’d better be on my best behavior if/when we do!
[Seriously, keep an eye on Merissa Explains it All. It’s good stuff.]