Normally, the Emmys just don’t do it for me. There are about 943 categories, and I’m never able to keep track of them all… Plus I tend to have a couple of shows that I regularly follow, but fail to get terribly emotionally invested in.
That all changed this year. And NO, I’m not talking about Glee. I’m talking about Modern Family.
Modern Family is, hands down, my favorite program on television. The story follows an extended family, making up three separate households, and all of the antics they go through individually and together. Every single episode has made me laugh out loud, gasp and clutch my hand to my face, and fight back tears, at various points in the 30-minute episodes.
And now, it’s been nominated for 14 Emmy Awards:
- OUTSTANDING ART DIRECTION FOR A SINGLE-CAMERA SERIES
- OUTSTANDING CASTING FOR A COMEDY SERIES
- OUTSTANDING DIRECTING FOR A COMEDY SERIES
- OUTSTANDING PICTURE EDITING FOR A COMEDY SERIES
- OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES
- OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES
- OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES
- OUTSTANDING COMEDY SERIES
- OUTSTANDING SOUND MIXING FOR A COMEDY OR DRAMA SERIES (HALF-HOUR) AND ANIMATION
- OUTSTANDING WRITING FOR A COMEDY SERIES
You have no excuse for not watching this show. You can view entire episodes, absolutely free, on ABC’s website. Or, spend the money to buy the entire season in iTunes, so you’re guaranteed to have an entertaining 22 minutes the next time you’re at an airport, on a plane, on a train, or crammed into a car for a road trip with boring people.
This is a terrific television show. Go watch it.