How the hell did I manage to go 4.5 months without posting anything to GatorUptown.com?! In the more than six years since I’ve been posting to this site, I’ve never gone that long without a quick update. Clearly, things have been a mess.
Let me catch you up real quick.
- Sal and I are still living together (after 6 years of dating, sheesh) and recently signed our third lease in this NYC apartment. Not sure what we’ll do after that, but things are good here.
- New job is going very well — honestly the best job I’ve ever had in more than 8 years at the company, and in my entire career for that matter.
- Rapidly approaching the long-overdue end of my tenure as the global co-chair of my company’s LGBT employee network. Bittersweet, for a number of reasons.
- Wedding plans are coming together nicely.
- My crazy mood swings around my Ph.D. program have largely subsided — I’m in a better mental state about the whole thing and excitedly moving forward.
Those are the highlights of the major things going on in my life right now, I suppose… I could go and write this giant paper about all of them, but honestly, who would read such a long-winded rambling post? (See, I’m learning.) I suspect what I’ll do instead is try to tackle each of those subjects in a separate post over the next week, so stay tuned for more.
I’ll try to be better about posting, though. Hopefully those of you who haven’t heard from me as much lately can get the occasional sneak preview about how things are going, to tide you over until our next proper conversation.
If nothing else, though, I find it to be a good mental exercise for myself, and helpful in gaining some perspective about my life. We all need our Doogie Howser moments from time to time, right?